Solid Maple floating shelves, HOVR bracket
Our lovely solid Maple floating shelves are the perfect addition to any decor.
Promo code for local pickup in Vaudreuil-Dorion is PICKUP
*Please read information below carefully before ordering.
- Made of locally sourced rustic solid Maple (some non-structural cracks filled with epoxy and knots are possible, these will not affect the integrity of the shelf)
- Fully made to order in Quebec, Canada
- Available in lengths from 12 inches to 40 inches for shipping (larger sizes available for local delivery and pickup only, please send us a message for a quote on larger sizes) If you fall in between sizes, chose the larger one and add the exact dimensions requested in the notes at checkout.
- Available depths are 6 to 10 inches
- This listing is for solid Maple shelves (other wood types available in other shelf listings)
- The thickness of the shelf is approximately 1.75 inches(about 2 inches) .
- The floating shelves come with Canadian made Hovr Bracket hardware and can hold up to 300lbs when installed properly on 2 studs or blocking, and when the shelf is 8 inches deep. Weight capacity will be lower with deeper shelves. A minimum of one stud or blocking is required for proper installation.
- The Hovr Bracket allows for very strong installation and will not sag over time compared to the traditional 2 prong system. This bracket is made from aluminium and emulates a French cleat. Here is the Hovr Bracket website for more information on the bracket and full installation videos.
- The shelves are finished with all-natural non-toxic wood oil called Rubio Monocoat. The finish can easily be reapplied over time. If you prefer to receive these unfinished, please let us know in the notes when ordering.
You will need,
- a power drill
- a stud finder
- a pencil
- Philips and #2 square drive bit
- a level
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INFORMATION
-If you need to use a drywall anchor, we recommend using one that is rated for at least 50 pounds. Please note that if you are unable to install into a stud, the weight capacity will be GREATLY reduced. It is therefore ideal to have a stud or blocking to install the shelving into.